Investigations

30/5/14

This week in investigations there was a lot of creativity happening! Kids have been concentrating hard on choosing challenging activities to investigate a question or focus on a Learning Objective.

There was testing of materials to see what would sink or float. A rocket made with a working propellor as well as some beautiful mobiles.  Well done everyone!

image-29 image-31 image-33image-32

21/5/15

Look at what Blue and Purple have done this week!

image-11image-16image-15

Building giant rockets and science experiments are fun!

In Bells Beach, kids in Blue and Purple have been making space ships and rockets for our space corner.

We have been watching carefully at how the white petals have been changing in our science experiment. We filled jars up with water and food dye and drew diagrams in our books to explain what could be happening.

1/2 Blue and Purple in action!

Making and writing story books

Making and writing story books

Creating a non-fiction text

Creating a non-fiction text

A report on all the great learning happening during investigations

Constructing

Constructing

Learning to be a Tech Expert

Learning to be a Tech Expert

Making Mother's Day cards

Making Mother’s Day cards

Learning how to play chess

Learning how to play chess

Some our wonderings and questions pondered during investigations

Brainstorming questions to help with research

Creating Poppy pictures for ANZAC Day

Creating Poppy pictures for ANZAC Day

1/ 2 Blue and Purple have been participating in a wide range of investigations in term 2. Students have been developing clear plans, thinking of questions to guide their investigations and making reflections on their learning. Homeroom Reporters have worked hard to come up with great questions to ask others about their learning, making us think about the choices and challenges we make for ourselves. Keep up the great work Blue and Purple and happy investigating!

IMG_1581IMG_1573IMG_1576IMG_1578IMG_1569IMG_1568

The children in 1/2 Yellow have enjoyed working with their new learning buddies in 1/2 Orange this week. It has been a great opportunity for them to work with different children during both Investigations and Literacy. Watch this space for more photos of the wonderful discoveries and new learning taking place in our Learning Community.

84 thoughts on “Investigations

1. during investigations we have been making catapults we used marshmallows and skewers it was SUPER FUN!!!!! we have also made catastrophe scales.

2. EMILY: in investigations I have been painting rocks for a fruit plater with Ava D

ELLA: in investigations I have been making a catastrophe scale with Andie, Charlotte, and for the plaining Sarah helped.

EMILY AND ELLA: bye bye see you later

3. Hi this is Matilda and Ethan and it’s the 14 of November and it’s maths investigations it’s investigation ing maths and Ethan is doing how long is the biggest sword in the world and Matilda is doing how long is a runing
    Track and measureing

4. Hi this is Matilda and Ethan and it’s the 14 of November and it’s maths investigations it’s investigation ing maths and Ethan is doing how long is the biggest sword in the world and Matilda is doing how long is a runing
    Track and measureing things

By Ethan and matilda

5. investigations is probably the funniest thing at school because you get to discover new things. and i love cooking with jackie you get to cook really yummy things!!!! yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Investigations is fun. I am making imovies with my friend Grace. Making imovies is fun !

7. I have been making lots of imoves on the iPad in investigations with lots of my friends it’s not just me its lots of people scary funy and lots of other things to do with

8. I love sports day. It rules! My team is awesome. Go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. in 2016 we have been learning about feathers an chickens and also roots in 1/2 i love it.